Tips To Preserve Fall Pumpkins and Gourds For Your Autumn Decor

How To Preserve Fall Pumpkins And Gourds  

Hello all, I spent my Monday soaking these cuties - pumpkins and gourds in a bubble bath. You know living in the South, our Fall temps can differ from sweaters and boots one day to shorts and flip flops on another day. Do you want to preserve your pumpkins and gourds even longer?  
No one likes to see their Fall decorations become mush before Halloween. 

For years I’ve always sprayed my pumpkins and gourds with a matte sealer before placing them into my Fall dรฉcor and it definitely works. However, I heard about this formula from a local farmer recently and I’ve researched it too. So, I thought let’s try this step in addition to spraying them. I want my pumpkins and gourds to last, and especially my clients pumpkins and gourds to last the entire Fall season without them turning to mush. Hey, they may even last till Christmas!  I’ll keep you posted! 

So these pumpkins and gourds are getting a nice bubble bath today. ๐ŸŽƒ Y’all, I’ve been told it works! And if it doesn’t, at least they are clean to display in your Fall dรฉcor. Doesn't hurt to try it. 

How to Preserve Pumpkins & Gourds:


*Prepare a mixture of bleach, cold water and Dawn or a dish soap of your choice. 
(One gallon water, 2 T. bleach and a squirt of dish soap.)

*Soak real gourds and pumpkins stem down to keep them from bobbing out of the water, soak for 15 to 30 minutes. Use a tub, laundry tub, outdoor sink or even your kitchen sink.
Rinse and dry well. 

*Before adding to your decor, it’s optional to give your pumpkins a quick coat of spray matte sealer. It helps preserve them even longer and it works! 

***Do not eat pumpkins and gourds after soaking them in a bleach bath and spraying them. Also, wear gloves to protect your hands anytime you are working with bleach and sprays. 

Happy Fall Y’all! ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŒฝ ๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŒพ