TOP 10 BEST FALL PLACES!
TO SEE BEAUTIFUL COLORS IN NORTH CAROLINA!
Fall is here and it's one of our favorite seasons! Our fall foliage is gorgeous in the Western North Carolina mountains. Okay I may be a little bit biased but it's so true!!! NC is a beautiful state and we have so many great places to visit during this beautiful season. You can see fall color from Blowing Rock, Asheville, to Great Smoky Mountains, and beyond in North Carolina. You are sure to have a beautiful show of fall color this 2012. My family and I are planning our October weekend to the mountains, so I'm on the internet looking for "peak times" in NC on the places we love to visit. The pictures you see on this blog post are from last year but I'm sure the fall color will be just as glorious if not better this year!
My husband, and I coming back from Mount Mitchell in NC, and we witnessed some glorious fall color along the way!
Our favorite ride is along the Blue Ridge Parkway during the fall and capture the beauty of mother nature. Remembering how much fun we had last year camping in NC during the fall and stopping by our favorite places along the way. While searching on the Internet, I found this great article of "Top 10 best list of the places to see colorful mountain scenery." So guess where we will be this fall season?! Of course, one of our favorite places...Asheville, NC was listed in the top 10! Actually we've been to all of the top 10 listed on this article from Mark File, editor of RomanticAsheville.com Travel Guide. Now, while you are in Asheville, NC you must stop by Sunny Point Cafe! Oh my gosh....it's the best organic place to eat and it was featured on GMA! My family and I make it a point to visit every time we are in Asheville! :)
Seasonal Fun and Fall Color Report 2012
Traveling on the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC is the best during the fall season!
Looking for the best places to see color this fall? Please read the article below of the "Top 10 list of the best places to see colorful mountain scenery" from Mark File, editor of Romantic Asheville.com Travel Guide.
ASHEVILLE, N.C., Sept. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- After a summer of generous rain and sun, fall foliage color this year should be brilliant in western North Carolina. And with a 5,000-foot elevation range near Asheville, the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains have one of the longest-running fall shows in the country. Peak color begins in early October in the highest elevations and ends in the lowest valleys by early November. According to RomanticAsheville.com Vacation Guide, these are the best places for fall views:
1. Cruise the Blue Ridge Parkway, one of top scenic drives in the USA. Stop at overlooks, picnic and hike. Best color is the last three weeks of October, varying with elevation. So if you don't immediately see color, keep driving!
2. See the first fall colors from Mt. Mitchell, highest peak in eastern America, with panoramic views from the observation deck.
3. Picnic while soaking in spectacular 360-degree views atop Craggy Pinnacle, accessed by a 1.5-mile roundtrip hike.
4. Visit Graveyard Fields for some of the most brilliant color on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Relax by the waterfall or walk through the highland valley. Nearby, hike mountain balds at Black Balsam Knob for endless views.
5. Capture the most photographed waterfall in North Carolina, Linville Falls. Nearby, see stunning views of Linville Gorge from Table Rock and Hawksbill Mountain.
6. Watch elk graze in Cataloochee Valley in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Each fall, male elk make their legendary bugling calls.
7. Drive the Forest Heritage National Scenic Byway in Pisgah National Forest and stop at Looking Glass Falls.
8. Hike in DuPont State Forest to see three waterfalls, or hike to Cedar Rock for mountain views.
9. Explore the 8,000-acre Biltmore Estate by foot, bike, car, river raft, horse or Segway. See colorful fall gardens with thousands of mums.
10. Ride the elevator or hike to the famous Chimney Rock with 75-mile views overlooking Lake Lure. Peak fall color here extends into early November.
For details on these and the weekly fall foliage report for western North Carolina, visit the 500-page free online travel guide atwww.romanticasheville.com/fall.htm.
RomanticAsheville.com Travel Guide
This release was issued through WebWire(R). For more information visit http://www.webwire.com.
Fun fall day at the Biltmore House Asheville, NC.
Thank you Mark, for helping us all discover the best places to visit in NC for fall color in 2012! Counting down the days....picnic in the great outdoors, my camera with extra batteries, and my family gathered in the jeep for some fun filled seasonal fall memories in NC!!!
This will be us again this year, traveling on the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC!
So I will post our pictures from our 2012 Fall -Seasonal trip later this month! ;)
Professional Holiday Decorating Services - Affordable Holiday Decorating - Commercial Holiday Decorating - Seasonal Christmas Decorating - Event Decorating Services - Charlotte NC - including South Charlotte - Weddington - Concord - Mt.Holly - Huntersville - Cornelius - Davidson - Belmont - Lake Norman Statesville- Mooresville - Hickory - Winston Salem North Carolina and South Carolina.